Simona Cipriani, the owner of the Art of Control Pilates studio and educational director of the Art and Science of Contrology® Pilates Instructor Training (ASCPIT), has been a certified instructor of the Authentic Pilates Method since 1993. Ms. Cipriani, a Second-Generation Pilates Instructor, studied extensively with Romana Kryzanowska at Drago’s Gym in New York City, where she taught by Romana’s side for many years. A dancer for more than 45 years, Ms. Cipriani started performing professionally at the age of 14 in Italy and continued to dance throughout Europe and the United States. During the past years, she has traveled throughout the US, Europe, Asia, and Australia teaching Pilates seminars and workshops. Ms. Cipriani served as a massage therapist for the athletes at the 2004 Olympic games in Athens, Greece, and 2006 in Torino, Italy. She has published two Pilates DVD series and a book.
Dr. Joe Muscolino is a licensed chiropractic physician and teaches anatomy and physiology at Purchase College, State University of New York (SUNY). Dr. Muscolino taught kinesiology and musculoskeletal and visceral anatomy, physiology, pathology, and assessment courses at the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy (CCMT), from 1986–2010. Dr. Muscolino is also an approved provider by the National Program Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) for continuing education (CE) credit. He runs numerous advanced study workshops, including his Program “LearnMuscles Continuing Education” (LMCE) for manual and movement professionals.
- Certified Classical Pilates Art and Science of Contrology by Simona Cipriani
- Certified Modern pilates international certification (MPI)
- Physical Therapist M.D.
- Studied <The effect of Pilates exercise programs using equipment on the ability of office workers to balance chronic back pain and posture>
- A member of the Korea Physical Therapist Association (KPTA)
- Completed the upper extreme, lower extreme, and spine course by KAOMT (Korea Metaphysical Therapists Association)
- Completed Posture Restoration & Stabilization Specialist by KSRA (Korea Spine Rehabilitation Association
- APTA (Pelvic Health Academy under the American Physical Therapy Association)
- OBF Completion of Basic Physical Therapy Course after Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Completed Advanced Course for Scoliosis SSM (Spiral Stabilization Method)
- SFMA(Selective Functional Movement Assessment) Level 2 completed
- Chinese Medicine University Cadaver Dissection Training (Shanghai, China)
- Instructed Ceragem Co. Well-lounge Pilates Lecture
- performed pilates session to K-pop idol group “IVE” Won-young Jang & Yu-jin Ahn in a TV Show from MBC “Omniscient Point of View”
- Taught EBSe English Flying Pilates
- Appeared on KBS’s “Insomnia” episode of “The Secret of Life and Death”
- Former Pilates instructor at SK Telecom for persons in charge of safety and health
- Former Pilates instructor at JW information technology
- Former Pilates instructor at the Korea Human Resources Development Institute
- Former Pilates instructor at Silla Hotel The Clinic Exercise Therapy